Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ken Reid: - Early Nominee for 2011 Turkey of the Year?

Is it just me or is there something odd in Leesburg district supervisor candidate Ken Reid's most recent campaign email:
 
Reform School Board Candidates Win LCRC Endorsements
The Loudoun County Republican Committee last night endorsed an excellent team of reform-minded candidates for School Board.

These candidates deserve your support -- in particular, my Leesburg friends Tom Reed and Bill Fox.

I am working closely with Tom and Bill on their campaigns, and Chairman Scott York is supporting them, too (See picture to the LEFT). Please support them by supporting me. A PayPal link is attached.

(emphasis added)

Huh?  I think that if I were inclined to support them I might, well, contribute to them directly and cut out the middle man.  Thanks, anyway, Ken.

But wait, it goes on.  Now, you get to help him celebrate his company's anniversary by, what else, contributing to his campaign. 

Sept. 24 fundraiser to celebrate 20th anniversary of my business and salute Loudoun entrepreneurs
Sept. 25 marks the 20th anniversary of promoting my first newsletter and "going off on my own." Today, my company Washington Information Source Co., enjoys a great reputation among executives in the pharma and life sciences industries, seeking information on how to comply with FDA and European Union regulations. Please mark your calendars for a Sept. 24 fundraiser/anniversary celebration, focusing on Loudoun's Entrepreneurs and what policies we can change in the County to achieve a better business climate. Sponsors will get their businesses promoted to about 3,300 Loudoun County residents, all potential customers. Ideal sponsors are those who sell goods or services within Loudoun. We also will have a special speaker who started a foundation from scratch and made a real mark on this community. Please call if you would like to be a sponsor and allow me to help promote your business. 703 779 8777, or email, kreid@FDAINFO.com The time of the fundraiser/celebration will be Sat. Sept. 24 from 6-8 pm. Please check out the WIS home page, at http://www.FDAINFO.com


With this bizarre, egocentric email, his Delgaudio-esque oafishness at last night's LCRC meeting and his past poorly disguised support of Sheriff Steve Simpson, Ken becomes my first nominee for TC Turkey of the Year.  That's not to say there won't be more nominees (it is only August, after all), but he certainly is an early front runner for the coveted title - and likely to gain ground on the competition as the campaign season progresses.

P.S. For those that may think I'm being too harsh on a fellow Republican during campaign season, allow me to offer this simple bit of advice to candidates that will go along way in helping them avoid embarrassment in the blogs and elsewhere:

 Don't be stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment