Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vogel Sees the Light, Will Move to Strike Ultrasound Bill

In late breaking news from Richmond, both the Richmond Times-Dispatch and The Washington Post are reporting that Sen. Jill Vogel will move to strike HB 484, the abortion ultrasound bill.  I was never a fan of it to begin with, but I am gladified (new term I’ve coined) to see that she’s reasonable enough to reconsider.
From the RTD:
“There are moments when you are a legislator when you have to stop and you have to have a moment of real conscience,” Vogel said. “I sort of had that moment this morning considering the outcome and the fate of this bill.”
Vogel said that after hearing from constituents, including doctors, that she did not “feel in good conscience that I want to carry the bill in its current form.”
What remains to be seen is whether the bill’s co-patrons will be as reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment