Thursday, December 1, 2011

Governor Cuccinelli?

I'll admit that I expected his perceived extremism to be his undoing in his race for attorney general in 2009.  And, as much as I'd like to say that his election was really because his opponent ran a poor race, even a poor opponent could not explain his 58-42 margin of victory that exceeded that of the Republicans winning other statewide races.  In other words, you have to admit that Ken Cuccinelli, for whatever reason, has some strong statewide appeal.

I'm not a big fan of Cuccinelli per se, but I do want another Republican governor.  Provided that he manages to "keep his crazy under control," as between Cuccinelli and Bolling, I believe Cuccinelli would be the more electable candidate in the 2013 race for governor.  I'm not saying I necessarily support him, but the fact is he's rolling thunder going into the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment