Thursday, October 21, 2010

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Look at Michelle Rhee - fired for taking on DC’s teacher unions and pushing out poor-performing teachers.  And, now, the case of Juan Williams - fired from Nutball Politics Radio for saying that he was afraid of Muslims on planes.  Rest assured, though, that both will end up in far more prestigious roles (and far wealthier) than had they stayed in their prior roles, elevated into the national spotlight by their unjustifiable firings.

I don't particularly care for Juan Williams' political views, and, frankly, I think he's a knee-jerk liberal, but when compared to the nuts at NPR, he looks like Karl Rove.  But, now, I'm genuinely more interested, as I'm sure many Americans are. 

Michelle Rhee is one educator I respect, and many others do to.  If you believe the rumors, she's off to a new gig with the state of New Jersey.  Good for her personally, and good for NJ's kids.

Congratulations on your firings!

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure that Juan will be quite so quick to knee jerk his responses. Yes he was dismissed without much/any justification (other than working for Fox). But he now admits that he recognizes what conservatives have been telling him all along. Political correctness and and diversity speak for the sake of the progressive movement isn't going to solve problems or bring the entire nation together. I too agree that his views are not necessarily my cup of tea, but I'll bet he will certainly be willing to have the discussion over issues with a more open mind and less labeling.

    ReplyDelete